Sunday 11 November 2012

Double dressup - Expo and Hallowe'en!

Mini top hat, yaaaay!
Wow, it's been a while since I wrote - been busy with starting work. But I thought I might as well chronicle my recent dressup adventures.

Firstly, the London MCM Expo 2012, I cosplayed as Mio from K-ON!, because I am fairly fond of her outfit in the ED, 'Don't Say Lazy'. I completely ran out of time while trying to make the dress, so I ... went as Lazy 'Don't Say Lazy' Mio. :'D I basically put together a top and a skirt instead. I still had everything else though - turquoise stockings, armwarmer and mini top hat.

The Expo was pretty fun all in all - got to check out Hitman: Absolution, pick up a little chibi Asuka figurine and watch Anders catch all the Pikachu-onesie cosplayers. Even got to check in on Kenny - oh most adorable of lazy, derpy-mouthed cats - on the way back. :3

The week after that, uni friends were holding a Hallowe'en party! I'd never been to one before. While it would have been fun to make a costume, I wasn't really up to it and wasn't expected to anyway so I bought mine.

Red Riding Hood! I'm not 'little'
though, despite what some
freakishly tall guests said. ;___;
Stockings were grievously
harmed in the making of
 this costume.


I bought cheap stockings and a suspender belt, intending to maul them a bit for a more 'escaped from wolf' look. They actually began destroying themselves from just... wearing them. Toes sticking out on the left foot? Yeah, that happened within about 10 minutes - my toenails made short work of them. Basically I had several holes and two ladders before my scissors even touched them! China quality, guys.

There was a slight worry that we had not been told exactly to dress up... but luckily, yes, some other people had done so, with varying levels of effort. Will had a fairly fabulous pregnant-with-Satan's-baby costume with black curly horned wig, fake glitter eyelashes and pillow-baby. The entire look was completed with a beer. :'D So classy. And so it was pretty fun hanging out in the kitchen or watching some completely incomprehensible black-and-white horror movie. 'Are those zombies having sex?'

After four beers, I was feeling completely healthy, despite my empty stomach. And then, I had two fateful Jägershots. My streak of healthiness continued for about half an hour more of wandering around, poking a drum kit and keyboard playing.

Then, very, very suddenly I was in the top floor bathroom, cycling between:

  • Purging the offending liquor into a toilet
  • Sleepily clinging to the floor, refusing to let myself be peeled off it
  • Begging tearfully to ... not be left alone on the floor. Yep.

Add to this that I was still in costume, and I conclude that I have probably looked better in my life. Luckily this all went unwitnessed by most, I could still walk and remember mostly everything, Ramie called a cab and Matt (who had the misfortune of witnessing the above meltdown) managed to get me back home okay.

But I don't like the smell of aniseed anymore. ;__;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...