Sunday 15 July 2012

Tei! Ten Ten Tei!

Ariff is leaving! How terrible. No idea why he'd want to go back to Malaysia of all places... And so we accompanied him in omiyage shopping. Another visit to the M&M's store - as expected, tourist central and full of useless junk. (I can safely say I have never in my life experienced a craving for an M&M's branded silicone spatula.)

We also stopped by at Hamleys, revelled in our geekdom at Forbidden Planet, and became painfully aware of our poverty at the Burberry store. 'Anything around the £300 level...?' 'Hah!'

So, afterwards, we headed back to Piccadilly Circus to Ten Ten Tei, our staple Japanese food place. We handed over our poorly-concealed presents, and settled down for a meal. And so the first photo on this blog goes to...



Salmon ikura don! So pretty, like little orange pearls. And I love the feeling of crushing the eggs, releasing rich, fishy oils. >w< (And presumably fish foetus. Heh.) Though it's expensive as fish goes, it is lovely - strangely filling for such tiny things. I also had a couple of squid nigiri along with it, along with some salmon and tuna sashimi which Anders was allergic to. More for me!

I've gotten quite fond of this place. I've had salmon ikura don twice in a row now though, so maybe next time I will see if they have chicken teri don.

Afterwards, a little light drinking at our favourite pub, and drawing of farewell messages on his new, massive sketchbook. A good day, though it's sad we'll have to say bye to him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...