Thursday 18 October 2012

To heel!

So yesterday, I was woken by a deafening 'BZZZZT'. In a blur of confusion, I stumbled out of bed, into a T-shirt and worryingly loose jeans, hurled myself out of the door and galloped down several flights of stairs to let the waiting postman in.

Exceeeeept there was no postman, because someone else had let him in first. So my haste in descending far too many stairs while clutching desperately at my baggy waistband was all for naught. But no matter! I have received SHOES.

Ankle boots
Mio cosplay shoes
The first was warm grey ankle boots. The second were some black dolly shoes for my (hopeful) October London Expo cosplay of Akiyama Mio, if I manage to finish sewing her dress.

Both of these have heels, which is something I'm not used to. I'm not exactly at baby giraffe level with them, and have never fallen over. But at the ripe old age of 22, I've still only worn heels before three times. The first two occasions having been about 10 minutes each, before I decided I'd rather chance the broken glass and alcopop residue from tipsy 18-year-olds. (Why I let myself get peer pressured into the end-of-secondary prom is one of the greatest mysteries of my life. ಠ_ಠ)

So I have started heel training, which basically consists of going about my everyday business in the flat, except in heels while thinking 'Heel, toe, heel, toe...' Maybe it will become natural and I will avoid ending up flat on my face in public at some point.

I will be satisfied as long as I can do better than this poor woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...