Saturday 29 September 2012

Going Underground

Last night, I went to my second Japan Underground event, a launch party for an album by the GazettE, held in a bowling alley. Japanese music, bowling and karaoke!

Fairly unrelated since I didn't bring my camera - something I drew while waiting for things to kick off properly. Shinji's jizz-splattered hand was not my doing, but an unholy collaboration between Anders and Matt. :c
 Unfortunately, upon creation of a new character with race Asian, there is apparently 50% chance that they will be afflicted with a terrible curse known as Asian Flush. This means that instead of the fun buzz of drinking alcohol, you get an immediate hangover and, to add insult to injury, end up with your skin glowing bright red.

I have a fix for this (it involves taking a pill beforehand) but I discovered when I got there that I didn't have any, so I had to trek all the way back to a midnight pharmacy before I could drink anything. My bad!

Karaoke machine was in action from 11:30 on, so naturally people were belting out Queen and various Japanese songs for the later hours. I chose Candy Pop by Heartsdales ft. SOUL'D OUT, with Matt for the male part, because Japanese hip-hop from 2003 is hilarious. My voice was giving out under the strain of drinking and shouting over loud music, on top of having a sore throat due to terrible diseases. My lines also occasionally gave out under the strain of... lack of practice. But it was pretty good fun! I hope never, ever to see any footage.

In hair experimentation, I gave twin-tails a spin for the second time ever. This was fun, but proved to be somewhat of a social mistake - over the course of the night, my dear, dear friends variously attempted to strangle me with them, use them as horse reins, pull them and fling them about above my head in the hope of imitating helicopter blades. ;w; I can't fly with them, guys...

Great fun though, annoying detour excepted - got to talk to some new people, met up with some friends from uni days and it was generally pretty cool! I have unfortunately extended my sickness as a result - I should be sleeping at the moment but the cough, and annoying daylight, is keeping me up. So I'm just tiring myself out by doing other things until I get to the point where I will sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...